Since Anya was a baby, I have loved putting little bows and hair clips on her. There seem to be more options for buying hair clips for little girls these days but back when she was a baby it was really hard to find ones that I liked. I ended up with a lot of simple DIY hair accessories for her which I absolutely loved. Thought I would share some of those today.
We started with the tiny little bows my sister made when Anya was born, which I put on simple elastic headbands. When she was really young I also made some crochet chains to use like headbands and attached bows to those too.
As she got a little older, I tried covering snap clips with felt to keep her hair off of her eyes.
And later on also tried covering simple headbands with fabric and making headbands of our own.
And it has been so simple to convert pretty much anything into a hair clip by hot glue-ing an alligator clip or a snap clip to the back.
If you’d like to make your own hair accessories for a little girl in your life, here are some good supplies to have:
– Metal snap clips (like these)
– Alligator clips (like these)
– Felt Sheets in different colors (like these)
– Hot glue gun (like this one)
– Thin Elastic (like this one)
– Also good to have: Buttons in various colors, Scraps of fabric, lace and ribbon, Plastic or fabric colored plain headbands, Fabric Glue
This last headband above was a handmade gift from a friend. Isn’t it beautiful?
Thanks for reading and lots of love.